Crustless Cauliflower Quiche
2 1/2 to 3 cups cauliflower florets, cooked
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 cup milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
1/2 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces Swiss Cheese, shredded
5-6 slices Bacon, cooked, crumbled, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Butter a 9-inch pie pan and sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs and Parmesan.
3.Saute garlic in oil over low heat until fragrant.
4. Arrange the cooked cauliflower over bottom of dish. Sprinkle garlic over top, then bacon if using, then Swiss.
5. Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, thyme, salt and pepper. Carefully and slowly pour over top of the cauliflower and cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden and set in the middle. Allow to cool 5 minutes before slicing. Serve as a side dish or as a main with a green salad and a slice of crusty bread.